- Views 7403
Local clients in need of special head wear not found ready made to purchase on my website are requested to contact me privately and set up an appointment. Many of my clients are from outside of Cape Town and I have managed to satisfy their needs with a communication of images, emails and trusted phone conferences in which we are all confirmed to be on the same page. Below I will outline the general procedure I like to follow when accepting a clients order.
How To Make Contact and Place an Order
1. Please make contact with JKM via email and state your head wear design needs. Please give us as much information as possible so that we can send you a complete quote.
We need to know;
1. who is the hat for
2. do you have a preference or image description of what you are looking for.
3. do you have a budget
4. when is the function date/ due date
5. are there any design-size-fabric-color restrictions to the event where the hat will be worn
6. Is it a day or night affair
7. Color and style of dress
8. Color and style of shoes and bag & Jewels
9. Height of their partner
10. will you be active or passive ( important for costume hats and dancers especially)
11. Will you be changing your hairstyle or hair color before the day of the event ( are you planning on getting extensions? )
What You Need To Send
1. One Portrait picture of yourself….I need to determine your hairstyle, hair color, facial structure, skin tone
2. full body shot- preferably wearing the dress or costume for the event ( If not possible then please send a sketch or picture of the dress with a sample of fabric for match purposes and a separate picture of you in another dress for body balance purposes.)
3. Picture of shoes and handbag and jewels
4. Any logos or invitation imaging
**Please take the above as a guideline, as to what I will need from you. I am use to working with Film Directors and Interpreting their vision. I appreciate seeing your images and ideas and will offer advice and suggestion if you need some guidance. If guidance is everything you need and more, then please don’t panic, finding your perfect style or hat should be a fun experience that we will enjoy together.
Once I have a clear understanding of your needs you will be sent a JK Millinery Quote. On email written acceptance of your quote you will be requested to make a % deposit against your order. Your deposit will be taken as a confirmation of your commitment to the order and the order will be placed in our working schedule for production. The time to create and complete your order will be written on your quote. Times may vary depending on the time of year and the number of orders in production.
On average I appreciate working 6 weeks to 2 months ahead of time and I do not work too far ahead of time unless the client is prepared to receive the hats when complete. My studio just does not function for the storage of hats.
Certain circumstances do often make a 6 week lead time impossible. Stylists will know we are usually given a couple of days if lucky to create for commercials and other last minute events. I am always open to your communications to check my availability, however if you do have the advantage of time to plan then please do. Unfortunately, funerals also leave little time to plan, so please call to check my availability. My loyal clients will know that i will move heaven and earth not to let you down.
Hats are generally light in weight and therefore the mass of the hat becomes the greater factor when posting locally and Internationally. Often my National clients arrange their own courier to collect the hat for a speedy overnight service.The postage cost will be quoted by JKM according to the original design ideas. Should the client wish to increase the size and trims of the hat, this may influence the cost of the packaging and posting.
Your Hat will be packaged and posted in a JKM hat box with tissue paper, covered with brown paper for protection. Once your order has been placed I will send you the best posting options to your country of destination. If you have your own courier or a friend can deliver for you, then please advise when placing your order.